Frequently Asked Questions
Please provide 24 hours notice for cancellations to allow adequate time to fill your spot. Fifty-percent of treatment fee will be charged if less the 24 hours notice is given.
Massage is contraindicated when the client has a fever. If you are experiencing a fever, please let the office know as soon as possible. We will need to reschedule your appointment.
What to Expect at Your Massage Session
Your massage therapist may ask preliminary questions to determine your goals for the session.
This information will help the massage therapist structure the session to achieve your health and wellness goals.
- Before your massage, you’ll be asked to remove clothing to your level of comfort.
- The massage therapist will leave the room while you undress. Take off only as much as you are comfortable removing.
- Lie on the massage table, underneath the provided sheet or towel, which will cover your body except for the part being massaged.
Taos Healing Arts adheres to the Professional Code of Conduct as set forth by the Massage Therapy Board of the State of New Mexico, which states in part:
“Each licensee, instructor, and applicant shall:
- conduct their business and professional activities with honesty and integrity;
- provide privacy for the client while the client is dressing or undressing;
- refuse to treat any person or part of the body for just and reasonable cause.”